- "we", "our" and "us" refers to the Social Insurance Organization.
- "You” and “your” refers to the user of the Web site
- "Website” refers to the SIO web portal www.sio.gov.bh.
What Information Do We Collect
To ensure effective delivery of SIO services to its customers, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation related information.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and SIO on or in relation to this website, including but not limited to user profile, yearly salary update, worker registration.
- Personal Information including but not limited to email address, phone number, CPR number that you provide us for the purpose of registering with us or filling out an online form to participate in a survey.
- Information that you provide us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications.
- Any other information that you submit on our website.
How Do We Use your Information
- Process your applications, requests and transactions.
- Maintain internal records as per regulatory guidelines.
- Provide SIO services to our customers (Pensioners, Contributors, Beneficiaries, etc.).
- Send account statements, invoices, and collect payments from employers.
- Update you about SIO’s services which we think may be of interest to you.
- Improve this website and its features for your satisfying browsing experience.
- Send you notifications if you have specifically requested.
- Collect your feedback related to SIO services and SIO website
We do not provide your personal information to third parties; however we may share the information you give us with Bahrain government organizations in order to verify your information and offer effective delivery of SIO services to you. These government organizations are authorized to verify and use your personal information. We do not provide your personal information to third parties for commercial marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and investigation.
Update Your Information
If the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, you may correct by using your login credentials or visit any SIO customer service centers across Bahrain.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored on your computer. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the user activity on website.
We may use the cookies which stores on your computer to enable our website to recognize and identify you as a unique user and to keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Link to Other Websites
The website presents links to other websites (like Bahrain.bh, Bahrain Benefit, Bahrain News, etc.) created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. When user link to an outside website; they leave the SIO website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s).
Security of Your Information
We have implemented appropriate security controls to secure your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized SIO personnel are provided access to personally identifiable information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential.
Changes in the Policy
Questions or Comments on this Policy
Page Last Updated: 2021-06-29