SIO services and facilities
Based on the mission of the Social Insurance Organization "SIO", which is to ensure social security and stability and provide high quality insurance services to all, SIO offers its various insurance services to all categories of beneficiaries, and is keen to ensure facilities that are commensurate with the specificity of each category:
• Women and children: Provision of a women's rest break at the headquarters to ensure privacy.
• Special Needs and Older Persons: In order to facilitate the transfer of beneficiaries with special needs, the Organization provides mobile chairs for all branches of reception centres. The Organization also developed a special sequence in the numbering system for the elderly and people with special needs, in order to give priority to these groups in the provision of services.
• Low Income: The insurance sector has been expanded to include the insurance of (productive families) registered in the Ministry of Labour and Social Development within (the project of step), which has (24) cases, in addition to the coverage of insurance holders of the cupping license, (12) Practitioners who meet the conditions of benefit from the optional insurance system.
• Families of the insured after death: The cases of beneficiaries shall be examined immediately after the death of the insured through the social researchers in the administration of the insurance entitlements of the Commission, in order to complete the procedures for the payment of their dues after the death of their dependents, and includes the beneficiaries of the deceased (widows, orphans and incapacitated children, the elderly and the parents and brothers and sisters who meet the conditions) , Ensuring the timely disbursement of grants and dues, ensuring the provision of effective services as soon as possible to the beneficiaries, and follow-up the validity of the data on those entitled to the deceased according to social changes.
• Death of foreigners: The foreign worker shall be treated by the Bahraini when settling his insurance benefits in the event of death of the injured person, where the amount of the single payment shall be paid in addition to the death grant and funeral expenses.
• Raise of minimum pension: The Commission shall apply the minimum pension for cases in which the pensioner reaches the age of 55 or more, and for cases of death, non-occupational disability or total occupational disability, and if the pensioner does not benefit from the minimum age of retirement at less than 55 years, The minimum from the day following his arrival to that age or from the day following his death or incapacity.