Social Insurance Law
PART 4: MINISTERIAL ORDERS
MINISTERIAL ORDER NO. 21/insurance dated 7.8.1978 with respect to determination of the cases for which pensions shall be paid abroad by the general organisation for social insurance to those normally resident in the state of bahrain
The Minister for Labour and Social Affairs, After referring to the Law on Social Insurance issued as per Amiri Decree Law No. 24/1976 and amendments thereto; And to the Ministerial Orders issued for implementing the Law on Social Insurance; And upon the recommendation of the Board of Directors; Hereby orders :
The payment of old-age, disability and death pensions as well as the pensions payable in case of employment accident abroad by the General Organisation for Social Insurance whether to pensioners, widows or for their minors, custodians and guardians of the distrained persons who are beneficiaries to such pensions and the adults thereof shall be effected according to the rules and provisions hereunder mentioned.
The payment of the pensions indicated to in the foregoing article outside the State of Bahrain shall be sent to the address specified by the person concerned for this purpose in the following cases :
- The departure of one or more of the sons or daughters abroad if one of them is being regularly attending in one of the stages of education which are not higher then university or high education with the purpose of obtaining a B.A. or B.Sc. degree or this equivalent thereof until he becomes 26 years of age or until he completes his education whichever of the two dates is earlier, provided that this shall be evidenced by an official certificate acceptable to the Organisation.
- The father or the mother or both should they be beneficiaries of their deceased son and should they be in the company of one or more of their children who are abroad for their education.
- The departure of the pensioner or the beneficiary to such pension, if he is of either sex, outside Bahrain with the aim of obtaining medical treatment or staying in a sanitorium, provided that travelling should be for these objects as such.
- The departure of the widow to stay outside the State of Bahrain in case she is married to a foreigner and she is accompanied by her children who are entitled to the pension. Her marriage and the presence of the children in her company shall be evidenced by a certificate which is acceptable to the General Organisation for Social Insurance.
- The presence of the children entitled to the pension on their mother's side in the company of their father if he is staying outside the State of Bahrain.
- The presence of one or more of the brothers or sisters, entitled to the pension on the side of their deceased brother, whether insured or pensioner, in the company of their father in case of his residence abroad.
- Any other similar cases which require the payment of pensions abroad to persons normally residing in the State of Bahrain if they are pensioners or beneficiaries. Payment shall be made after the consent of the Minister for Labour and Social Affairs.
This Order shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the official Gazette.
Issa bin Mohamed bin Abdulla Al Khalifa Minister for Labour and Social Affairs
Dated : 7 August 1978.